The Historic Roxy Theatre
CONNECT WITH US
Join our email list for exclusive promotional announcements,
discounts and more.
HISTORIC ROXY THEATRE
The Historic Roxy Theatre was first opened on May 29, 1941 and was originally owned by Benjamin F. Shearer. It was designed by Bjarne H. Moe, one of the Pacific coast’s foremost theatre architects.
The theatre still displays its original Pioneer Northwest Photographer Asahel Curtis photo mural of Bremerton, The Navy Yard with the White Fleet of 1908. At the time it was one of the largest photo murals ever produced in the Pacific Northwest. Sound West Group renovated the theatre and it operates in a partnership between Far Away Entertainment and Roxy Bremerton Foundation as a movie theatre, live event and music venue, and special event space. The Foundation has replaced half of the seats and is currently upgrading HVAC to include air conditioning for the first time.
Roxy Bremerton Foundation
The Roxy Bremerton is a private foundation whose mission is to steward, protect, provide, and maintain the Historic Roxy Bremerton Theatre and to raise funds and awareness within the community to accomplish that objective. In addition, the foundation provides access and support for community entities that could utilize the Roxy for various projects and endeavors, including the arts, public policy, community engagement, non-profit projects, and whatever appropriate community activities might benefit from access to the venue. The foundation is actively fundraising to purchase the building.
For more information, to become a member, or to make a donation visit www.roxybremerton.org
No outside Drink or Food
Filming or recording of any kind is against the law. Violators will be prosecuted.